Thursday, September 15, 2011

Do I need to change my battery and my stock alternator to install a sound system on my 1990 Thunderbird Base?

When I turn on my A/C or roll my windows up, my headlights and interior lights go dim. Anyways I am planning to put a yellow top battery, but I don't know if I need to change the alternator. If yes, what kind of alternator do I need and where can I get it from?
Do I need to change my battery and my stock alternator to install a sound system on my 1990 Thunderbird Base?
Assuming that there's nothing actually wrong with your Alternator or Battery, if you plan on installing a stereo with a high-current amplifier, you should probably look into a Battery with a high Reserve Capacity, and a High Output Alternator. AutoZone is only showing 75 and 80 Amp Alternators for that vehicle, but I'd check with a junkyard to see if they have a setup including the brackets and stuff from a Lincoln or something, that has a !00+ Amp Alternator. Between that and a high quality battery, you shouldn't have any trouble.
Do I need to change my battery and my stock alternator to install a sound system on my 1990 Thunderbird Base?
i have a 2000 dodge dakota, and 2 years ago i put an alpine system in it, my battery went dead once but im sure it was becuase it was old, havent replaced it since i got it. when i put down my windows, my headlights dim too, i wouldnt worry too much about it!

Report Abuse


go to autozone and have them test the battery and the starting/charging system...they do this for FREE....then you will know for sure what you need to get........

No comments:

Post a Comment