Tuesday, September 20, 2011

CHANGING OUT ALTERNATOR 03 VETTE?

My alternator just died on my 2003 Vette. The past couple of days it has rained pretty hard here in southern california. My battery was diminishing little by little this past month and today it finally died while at the gas station.



I don't have the time or desire to take it into the shop let alone I don't want to pay out cash for something I can do myself. I am mechanically inclined and know how to turn wrenches the only problem im running into is i've never removed a serpentine belt on a corvette. I've had it for a little over 2years. Being late on a sunday, my resources were limited. Can someone walk me through the removal of the serpentine belt so that I can remove the alternator. I would really appreciated it.
CHANGING OUT ALTERNATOR 03 VETTE?
your gonna love this belt system. locate tensioner,remove tension.that simple.just start looking, its an idler pulley with a springloaded arm.
CHANGING OUT ALTERNATOR 03 VETTE?
first off should be 1/2 socket/wrench, grad a breaker bar your gonna need it. (although not to hard without, will make it a lot easier on you), the tensioner is going to be located below the alternator but above the crankshaft, bolt will rotate clockwise to release the tension. and you should be set to go...a little word of advice, i dont know how often you use the vehicle, or how hard you drive it, but if your getting around 10,000 might be just as easy to replace it while you have it off?

No comments:

Post a Comment