Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Why is my "CHECK ADVANCETRAC" light on... after changing my alternator?

I changed my bad alternator on my 2002 Lincoln LS V8. Now its charging fine again, but my advancetrac light is on and its saying %26quot;check advancetrac%26quot; in my status box.

Why would his happen? I know that I had to move a metal line out of the way a little bit to remove my old alternator, but I never broke anything as far as I could tell.

I pulled my battery for like an hour to try and reset the light but it never reset.

My button works and lights up. And it seems like my traction control does also. When the button is off, advancetrac kicks on and won't let me spin em'. When the button is on my tires will spin. What could be the deal?

THANK YOU (anyone who replies below)
Why is my %26quot;CHECK ADVANCETRAC%26quot; light on... after changing my alternator?
Well first off let me be the first to inform you if you dont already know that the Lincoln LS is known for transmission problems as well as many other premature failures. Your best bet is to take it to the dealer so they can diagnose why exactly the system is telling you that there is something wrong with your stability control system(advancetrac). Traction control and your stability control work independently of each other so it is possible for one to be functioning and the other to not be. Traction control purpose is to take apply the disc brake and cut power to the wheel that is slipping. So with your traction control on it shouldnt allow you to spin your tires. If your at a stand still and are trying to spin the tires your stability control system shouldnt be engaging as its purpose is to monitor the drivers input in regards to steering in relation to the general direction of the car. Just like your traction control it has the ability to cut your engine power and apply your disc brakes until the car is back under control. Unlike your check engine light it cant be reset just by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. So my advice to you is to suck it up and take it to the dealer or to a reputable shop that is familiar with stability control systems as well as traction control systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment