Thursday, September 15, 2011

I changed the alternator in my 2003 mustang GT and now everytime I start it it starts with a pop/clank?

My alternator went out when I was driving. I had the batt checked and it was fine. I changed out the alternator and intalled it. Since i did that everytime I start it, right when it turns on something makes a loud pop-like (like one hit) noise pretty loud. Any ideas?
I changed the alternator in my 2003 mustang GT and now everytime I start it it starts with a pop/clank?
Sounds like a backfire, or a wire popping. Too powerful of an alternator maybe? Bad alternator?
I changed the alternator in my 2003 mustang GT and now everytime I start it it starts with a pop/clank?
maybe the belt tensioner is set wrong, have someone watch it as you start it..
I'd loosen off the belt and try turning the alternator by hand and feel also if it has any end play. Did it come with the fan on? Maybe a spacer left out or some other thing. Like other answer says, could be a tensioner problem God luck with your gremlins lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment