Thursday, October 6, 2011

I have to change my alternator every time i go muddin.?

my alternator is located under my battery. every time i go muddin and it gets wet i have to change it. im not sure what i should do about it cause not muddin is out of the question. i was goin to put a splash guard but it wouldnt help much cause of the location of the alternator. i was told i can use silicon spray on it. would that be a very good idea?
I have to change my alternator every time i go muddin.?
Try to keep the silicon spray off of it. It's shorting out, but it'll need to %26quot;breathe%26quot;. Even though you don't want to, I'd say not to go mudding any more in it. Save up some money and get something different to mud in.
I have to change my alternator every time i go muddin.?
why dont you just re-locate your alternator...

Report Abuse


have a custom skid plate made so mud doesnt get in the engine compartment.
get yourself a high voltage alternator. go to your local parts store like napa auto parts.
i dont know what kind of vechicle you have ...but skid plate was a good idea,,,,maybe raise the alternator ? good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment