Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I changed my alternator at the beginning of this year, now my car needs to be jump every time it wont start, ?

do i need a new alternator or a new battery. after i jump the car it will drive good most of the day, but the next day it will die again
I changed my alternator at the beginning of this year, now my car needs to be jump every time it wont start, ?
Napa Auto parts can test it for free.Sounds like a bad battery.
I changed my alternator at the beginning of this year, now my car needs to be jump every time it wont start, ?
Take it to a parts store and have them test the charging sytem for free.
I would say your battery is bad but to be on the safe side I would go to autozone and get a free charging system check.
maybe you got a bad alternator. should still be under warranty. find the receipt or if you can not find it go back to where you bought it %26amp; have them check it. if it is not bad you will need to replace your battery.
With the car engine running, use a voltmeter to measure the output voltage of the alternator. If it is measured 13-14 V, your alternator is good. This means your battery fails to hold the charge. You need a new battery.
It could be both, eather the alternator or the battery
Local Auto parts store can check both. Hitch a ride and take your battery to them and they will tell if batt. is good. If its neither you have what is called a phantom charge using juice from your battery while it is parked....Ie clock, something plugged into ciggarette lighter or dome or trunk light.

No comments:

Post a Comment