Thursday, October 6, 2011

Alternator problem:bought a Suzuki Grand vitara 2005from suzuki dealership last month ,?

they changed drive belt %26amp; afterward I got bad noise. it randomly comes. specially first in the morning start but it won't go. it continues while driving . it is not squiring which I thought it might be. my mechanic looked at it %26amp; said it is alternator. suzuki delaership wants me to drive for a week to see if continued. my concern is they change alternator because it is critical but I am not sure if I take to them they really change alternator. is there anyway they can do something to make noise gone temperory because car is under 90 days exchange warranty. please please any suggestion or recommendation please let me know my mechanic said if I want to fix it is $500
Alternator problem:bought a Suzuki Grand vitara 2005from suzuki dealership last month ,?
The dealership is trying to get you to delay getting them to do the repairs until the warranty expires. Then YOU pay for the repairs.



Noises don't go away on their own. If it is in fact the alternator, insist the dealership fix the problem. Document the who, what, where, when and why of your conversations with your mechanic and dealership.



Who did you talk to (your mechanic and the dealership - get their names).

What did you talk about (noisy alternator and the 90 day warranty).

Where (car dealership on [address] and your mechanic at [address]).

When (list all dates - when you bought the car, when the noise started, when you talked to people).

Why (the alternator was making noises as identified by your mechanic).



It could also be the idler pulley or another belt driven accessory. A stethoscope will help to identify the offending part. I use one on my car. They're available at NAPA for about $20.



The better your documentation, the better your chances of winning in small claims court when you have to file.
Alternator problem:bought a Suzuki Grand vitara 2005from suzuki dealership last month ,?
I would take it back to the dealership. The dealership is hoping the time will expire and they don't have to fix it. Alternator do not have a break in period, it is either working or not working. If it is making noise the bearing is going out, so let them get you a new one.
  • asian hair
  • share hotel rental fee
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment